Code of Conduct
This code of conduct is an initial draft and we are open to suggestions from the community on how it can be iterated and enhanced.
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Insulting or derogatory comments and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Community leaders (including moderators) are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Community leaders have the right and responsibility to remove, or reject comments, commits, code, docs edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces, and also applies when an individual is officially representing the community in public spaces. Examples of representing our community include using an official e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to the community leaders responsible for enforcement.. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated promptly and fairly.
All community leaders are obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
Community leaders will follow these Community Impact Guidelines in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of this Code of Conduct:
Community Impact: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the community.
Consequence: A private, written warning from community leaders, providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation of why the behavior was inappropriate. A public apology may be requested.
Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels like social media. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
Community Impact: A serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
Consequence: A temporary ban from any sort of interaction or public communication with the community for a specified period of time. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals.
Consequence: A permanent ban from any sort of public interaction within the community.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.1, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/1/code_of_conduct.html
- Any complaints against Alchemist or its community/team members must be formalized via submission on https://alchemistcoin.typeform.com/coc-reporting and shall be backed by facts and evidence alongside proposed corrective actions. Community members must report behavior that is in breach of the CoC to moderators or council members immediately instead of dealing with it directly in public channels.
- Complaints against former team / community members will not be entertained.
- Complaints that involve false accusation and baseless claims without being backed by objective facts and sufficient evidence as decided by the council will not be entertained.
- Moderators shall have the full authority and autonomy to enforce immediate mute/ban in accordance with the CoC without warning and without the need to consult or seek approval from council members.
- Repeating allegations/opinions against Alchemist or its current/previous team members in a non-constructive manner which have already been repeatedly addressed or responded to by members of the Alchemist team may result in permanent mute / ban without warning.
- The Council has the right to review and revoke any mute/bans. Moderators shall not be punished for their decisions as long as sufficient justifications are recorded in an action log.
- The council shall be ultimately responsible for determining the level of legitimacy, severity, corrective actions and punishment according to the complaints and evidence received.
- The council stands firm against any false allegations and baseless claims that are directed towards Alchemist and any of its team members including members of incubated/associated projects.